- This event has passed.
May 3 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
An event every month that begins at 7:00 pm on day First of the month, repeating until October 4, 2019
Downtown Dublin rocks the First Friday of each month March through October as the Market on Madison’s amphitheater highlights the finest in live musical talent. From rock to country, there’s a hot new band or event every month. Bring your lawn chairs and coolers and get ready to dance.
First Friday Downtown
Downtown Dublin rocks each month as Market on Madison’s amphitheater highlights the finest in hot music and local artists during First Friday.
What started as a vision and labor of love for some of our merchants has evolved into a signature downtown event, and we are thrilled to partner with Pitts Toyota to host another exciting season. We want the community to spend their First Friday with us downtown shopping, dining, and enjoying live music and the arts. Tara Bradshaw, Downtown Development Authority director. “
This year’s First Friday line up covers a wide array of musical genres, art and the finest in culinary experiences. Local artists will be bringing their art to life throughout downtown with pop-up style art venues, First Friday concerts begin at 7:30 pm and the public is invited to bring their families, lawn chairs, coolers, pets, and friends.
Presented by Pitts Toyota, First Friday jazzes up the Market on Madison each first Friday March through October beginning at 7:30 p.m. Admission is free, so bring the whole family!
- March 1st: First Friday kicks of with a full weekend of Pig in The Park and live musical entertainment by #GeorgiaMusic artist Trae Landon.
- April 5th: Kori & The High Voltage Band will have First Friday rockin’ at full speed with their powerhouse leading lady and veteran musicians!
- May 3rd: The Legenderry Big Hairy Monster Band is headed to the market stage this May bringing the 80’s jams blasting us right into a summer of fun!
- June 7th: An energetic band of four teenagers, The Manly Hero will be grooving the stage with hits from the 60’s, R&B, and a lil rock n roll!
Here’s some highlights from 2018:
- Local artists bring their art forms to life on the sidewalks of Downtown Dublin
- Merchant Walking Wine Tasting: Merchants will have extended hours – shop til you drop with their great discounts and grab an exclusive event cup while you’re at it and taste each store’s different type of wine. All for free!
- Eat Downtown Noms: Downtown’s restaurants, My CoffeeShop, Company Supply, & Deano’s Italian will be open so skip dinner at home, and eat with us!
- Roadside Eats: Of course everyone will need a snack! Doris Concessions and Ricky’s Snak Shack will be set up and ready to feed you everything from the best funnel cakes to the best sausage dogs and fried oreos right in Downtown Dublin!
- Downtown Raffle Basket: We’ll be raffling off a basket full of Downtown merchant goodies – everything from merchandise to gift cards to your favorite retail stores and restaurants!
- Something for the Kids: Of course we’ll have inflatables for all ages all for free! And come do art projects with us!
- Hocus Pocus at Market on Madison: Brought back by popular demand for the second year in a row, First Friday is closing out the season with a scary great time with Hocus Pocus on the outdoor screen! Arrive early to snag tasty good treats before the movie reel starts rolling!