Specialty Hunt Firearms Deer Hunting River Bend WMA
October 22 - October 24
Create memories during Specialty Firearms Hunting of either sex deer at River Bend Wildlife Management Area October 22nd through 24th from 30 minutes before sunrise until 30 minutes after sunset.
This is a specialty hunt for youth 16 and under with adult supervision, Ladies, Disability License holders, Returning Georgia Veterans, Honorary License holders, and hunters over the age of 65. Hunts are sign-in.
Specialty Hunt Firearms Hunting Details
- Hunting is free at River Bend WMA. Hunters must purchase all required licenses.
- One adult may supervise one youth during this hunt.
- This is a sign-in hunt. You must sign-in prior to hunting. All deer hunters are required to have a Harvest Record for the current season. Additionally, all harvest must be reported within 24 hours through Georgia Game Check or before leaving the deer with a processor. If you have a cell phone, enter the harvest date and county on the Harvest Record through the GA Outdoors App in the App Store & Google Play, online at gooutdoorsgeorgia.com or by calling 1-800-366-2661 before moving the deer from the site of the kill. You can also now report your harvest through the GA Outdoors App when your phone has no service. Enter your harvest date and county on the Harvest Record through the App Store or Google Play. When you get to a location with service, access the App and sync to receive your confirmation number.
- Log It—Enter the harvest date and county on your paper Harvest Record before moving the deer from the site of the kill.
- Report It—Within 24 hours of the kill or before taking your deer to the processor, report your harvest by going online to gooutdoorsgeorgia.com or calling 1-800-366-2661.
- Record It—Copy the confirmation number received onto your paper Harvest Record.
- Legal hours for deer hunting are 30 minutes before sunrise 30 minutes after sundown.
- Hunters must wear as an outer garment at least 500 inches of visible hunter orange above the waist.
Licenses & Permits
Any person, age 16-64, entering any designated fee area on state-owned WMAs must possess a valid Georgia Outdoor Recreational Pass (GORP). Persons who possess a valid 3-day hunting & fishing, WMA, Lifetime Sportsman’s, Sportman’s, or Honorary License are exempt. A Wildlife Management Area (WMA) license is required for any person 16 years and older who does not possess a valid Honorary, Sportsman’s, or Lifetime Sportsman’s License when hunting on a WMA.
To purchase licenses, visit http://www.georgiawildlife.com/licenses-permits-passes
Pitch your tent at River Bend WMA!
All camps shall be in designated campgrounds unless otherwise posted at the check station. Camping shall be limited to a period of time not to exceed 14 consecutive days. It is unlawful for any person to use any musical instruments, radios, televisions, generators or other noise making devices after 10:00 p.m. or before 7:00 a.m. in such a manner that such devices may be heard by other WMA visitors. Camping or driving motor vehicles on managed wildlife openings is prohibited. Carving, cutting, chopping or damaging of live trees is prohibited. Loaded firearms are prohibited in camping areas, except for any person possessing a valid Weapons Carry License, except where prohibited by law. Campers are responsible for their own trash. No person shall unreasonably disturb or annoy others through abrasive, insulting, or threatening words or actions, or disobey any lawful order of a law enforcement official, or act in a manner resulting in a breach of the peace.
Directions to River Bend WMA
From Dublin, take I-16 east to exit 58 (Hwy. 199). Turn south and go 0.2 miles. Road to the check station is on the right.
For all the WMA requirements, please review https://www.eregulations.com/georgia/hunting/general-wma-regulations